Evesham Township School District
In order for a child to be eligible for kindergarten, he/she must be five years old on or before October 1st of the school year. Your child must accompany you to registration for an informal screening, if registering during the school year. If your child is currently attending the Evesham Township School District Preschool Inclusion Program, they do not need to attend with you to register as screening will be completed by the Preschool Inclusion teacher during class time as needed.
- 4 Proofs of residence (see Approved Proof of Residency Documentation below).
- Proof of the following immunizations, in accordance with New Jersey State Department of Health, signed by a physician:
- Diphtheria, Whooping Cough and Tetanus (D.P.T.) - total of four doses, one dose of which must have been given on or after child’s fourth birthday; or any combination of five doses.
- Polio Vaccine – three doses, with third dose given on or after child’s fourth birthday; or any combination of four doses.
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (M.M.R.) - two doses, both immunizations must be after the first birthday.
- Hepatitis B – three doses, given at mandated intervals.
- Varicella – one dose on or after the first birthday or proof of disease immunity.PROOF OF IMMUNIZATIONS MUST BE AVAILABLE ON REGISTRATION DAY
- A current completed physical form. Physicals are required for all children entering a New Jersey school for the first time. The exam must have been performed within 365 days of the first day of school for the child. Form should be taken to your physician and returned at the time of registration. If this is not possible, please have the appointment date available when registering.
It is also recommended your child have a dental examination before entering school.
Student's original or certified copy of birth certificate (with parents' name).
Custody agreement, if applicable.
At the time of registration, all documentation must be provided. A copy of your documents will be made and the originals returned to you.A registration packet containing entrance requirements is now available. Click here for the registration packet. (If you do not have Microsoft Word, you can download the viewer below.) If you do not have access to a computer, registration packets can also be picked up in the offices of the elementary schools after March 1st. Please complete all forms in advance of registration day.
Your packet will include the following items:
- Registration Form
- Information for NJ SMART
- Health History and Questionnaire
- Physical Examination Form
- Dental Exam Form (recommended but not required)
- Kindergarten Parent Questionnaire
Click here for registration dates and times, as well as a listing of developments and neighborhood schools.Click the link below to go to Microsoft.com to download the Word viewer.
APPROVED PROOF OF RESIDENCY DOCUMENTATION (4 Proofs Required)
The following forms of documentation may demonstrate a student’s eligibility for enrollment in the district. Particular documentation necessary to demonstrate eligibility under specific provisions in law is indicated below.
MANDATORY – MUST PROVIDE AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Property tax bills, deeds, contracts of sale, leases, mortgages, signed letters from landlords and/or other evidence of property ownership, tenancy or residency.
- If the parent/guardian is not the owner/renter of residence, then an Application for Student Admission Domicile/Temporary Resident/Special Circumstances Affidavit must also be completed and is a mandatory part of the registration process.
- If it is determined the student’s living situation falls under one of the homeless categories, then the McKinney-Vento Parent Enrollment Consultation Form must be completed. School personnel should refer to and follow established registration guidelines for economic hardship.
PROVIDE THREE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Current voter registrations, licenses, permits, financial account information, utility bills, delivery receipts, and other evidence of personal attachment to a particular location.
- Court orders, state agency agreements and other evidence of court or agency placements or directives.
- Receipts, bills, cancelled checks and other evidence of expenditures demonstrating personal attachment to a particular location, or, where applicable, to support of the student.
- Medical reports, counselor or social worker assessments, employment documents, benefit statements and other evidence of circumstances demonstrating where applicable, family or economic hardship or temporary residency.
- Documents pertaining to military status and assignment.
- Any business record or document issued by a government entity.
- Any other form of documentation relevant to demonstrating entitlement to attend school.
The totality of information and documentation you offer will be considered in evaluating an application, and, unless expressly required by law, the student will not be denied enrollment based on your inability to provide certain form(s) of documentation where other acceptable evidence is presented.
You will not be asked for any information or document protected from disclosure by law, or pertaining to criteria which are not legitimate bases for determining eligibility to attend school. You may voluntarily disclose any documents or information you believe will help establish that the student meets the requirements of law for the entitlement to attend school in the district, but we may not, directly or indirectly, require or request:
- Income tax returns.
- Documentation or information relating to citizenship or immigration/visa status, unless the student holds or is applying for an F-1 Visa.
- Documentation or information relating to compliance with local housing ordinances or conditions of tenancy.
- Social Security numbers.