Evesham Township School District
Kindergarten Registration Information for Fall 2015
In order for a child to be eligible for kindergarten, he/she must be five years old on or before October 1st of the school year. In addition, the following requirements must be met before being permitted to enter the Evesham Township School District:
1. Proof of birth by either birth or baptismal certificate (not hospital certificate). Please bring original birth certificate with the raised seal.
2. Proof of the following immunizations, in accordance with New Jersey State Department of Health, signed by a physician:
a. Diphtheria, Whooping Cough and Tetanus (D.P.T.), total of four doses, one dose of which must have been given on or after child's fourth birthday or any combination of five doses.
b. Polio vaccine – three Sabin or two Trivalent vaccine, or Salk polio shots plus booster (booster dose to be given on or after child's fourth birthday) or any combination of four doses.
c. Measles, Mumps and Rubella (M.M.R.), 2 doses, any child born after January 1, 1990. Both immunizations must be after the first birthday.
d. Hepatitis B – three doses of any vaccine combination containing Hepatitis B.
e. Varicella – one dose on or after the first birthday or proof of disease immunity.
PROOF OF IMMUNIZATIONS MUST BE AVAILABLE ON REGISTRATION DAY
3. Four current proofs of residency, one of which must be a lease/agreement of sale or tax bill. The other documents can include but are not limited to a utility bill, drivers' license, court orders, state agency agreements or a document with printed address.
4. A current physical examination within the past year is required of all kindergarten children. This should be completed by your family doctor or pediatrician.
5. It is also recommended your child have a dental examination before entering school.
A registration packet containing entrance requirements is now available on-line. Click here for registration packet. (If you do not have Microsoft Word, you can download the viewer below.) If you do not have access to a computer, registration packets can also be picked up in the offices of the elementary schools after March 1st. Please complete all forms in advance of registration day.
Your packet will include the following items:
- Registration Form
- Information for NJ SMART
- Health History and Questionnaire
- Physical Examination Form
- Dental Exam Form (recommended but not required)
- Kindergarten Parent Questionnaire
At the time of registration, all documentation must be provided. A copy of your documents will be made and the originals returned to you.
Your child must accompany you to registration for an informal screening. If your child is currently attending the Evesham Township School District Preschool Inclusion Program, they do not need to attend with you to register as screening will be completed by the Preschool Inclusion teacher during class time as needed.
Click here for registration dates and times, as well as a listing of developments and neighborhood schools.
Click the link below to go to Microsoft.com to download the Word viewer.